[nabs-l] Preparing For The First Day Of School

STOMBERG, KENNEDY kestomberg at coe.edu
Sat Aug 22 23:35:53 UTC 2015

I will be praying for you both as well. I understand that it is difficult
to be the only blind person on campus, as this is also my situation. The
accomidations you will need will depend on how much vision you have, and
the types of classes you are taking. The most important thing you can do is
to talk to your disability services coordinator and make sure they know
what accomidations you will need to succeed. It would also be good to talk
to your professors before classes start. If that isn't possible, try to
talk to them during the first week of classes. Tell them what you will need
from them to be successful in their classes. If they are uncooperative,
explain why you need the accomidations. If they are still giving you
trouble, talk to your Disability Services Cordinator. Your school is
required to provide reasonable accomidations. No matter what, be flexible
and resilliant. Keep your head high, and know that you can do it!  Best of
luck!