[nabs-l] Building Emergancy Captain

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 18:39:09 UTC 2015

I would say that I have to agree with Joe on  here.
 I think it is important to found out the requirements of the job both from what the written job description tells you and   what people in the position will tell you.
  There are certain things you can do non-visually, some things you’ll find is best to do with some assistance, and other things you quite simply may not be able to do because they are just too visual of a task.
 Some things require skills that you will be trained on and certain things require training that you need to have before you’ve applied to a job.
 If the job requires  you have first responder type skills, it is possible that you will be trained on these things.  However if you   are potentially working with  people who are deafer hard of hearing then you might might need to know ASL. If you do need to know ASL then so would anyone else applying and it would simply be a matter of if you have prior knowledge; blindness has nothing to do with it.
 If it is something that you want to do, then do your due diligence, people appreciate that work ethic.
  Best, of luck and do let us know how it works out.

  Darian