[nabs-l] FW: National Voter Registration Day!

Lewis, Anil ALewis at nfb.org
Fri Aug 28 11:55:52 UTC 2015

From: Bisognano, John [mailto:John_P_Bisognano at who.eop.gov]
Sent: Thursday, August 27, 2015 10:48 PM
To: Bisognano, John
Subject: National Voter Registration Day!

[cid:image001.jpg at 01D0E11A.5F5771F0]

Friends,

On August 6th, President Obama called for Congress to restore the Voting Rights Act<https://www.whitehouse.gov/issues/civil-rights/voting-rights-act> in commemoration of its 50th anniversary. The President also called on Americans to take action to strengthen our democracy by participating in National Voter Registration Day on September, 22nd to help ensure that all eligible Americans take part in our most cherished democratic process.

We'd like to invite you to stand with the President on September 22nd and learn more about how you can take part in this historic day to engage future voters and reflect on the importance of the act of voting. Click here to RSVP for a call with White House officials and others on MONDAY, August 31 at 3PM EST, to discuss National Voter Registration Day.<http://www.att-rsvp.com> Please use Conference ID # 367394.
This call is closed to the press.

Thank you,

The White House Office of Public Engagement

"[H]ow do we get people focused not only on laws but also on our habits -- our habits of citizenship? How do we instill in people a sense of why this is so critically important? And that is why we are proclaiming September 22nd, National Voter Registration Day."
- President Obama, August 6, 2015