[nabs-l] Epub questions

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 29 19:46:04 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I am faced with the option of buying an Epub book verses waiting for
the publisher, which has been unresponsive to my disabilities office,
to get them the publisher files.  I have never used Epub format files
before, so I'm wondering a few things:

I've heard conflicting reports on Epub.  Is it or is it not accessible?
How can I access the information on Epub files?  I use windows 7 with
jaws/NVDA.  I also have a notetaker (BrailleSense) and a Booksense I
can use to hear the file read aloud, though the latter option is not
preferred if it can be avoided.
Are there any programs I will need to download to my PC to access the
files?  If so, do these programs cost money/where can I get them?

Thanks,

--
Kaiti Shelton
University of Dayton-Music Therapy

"You can live the life you want; blindness is not what holds you back!"