[nabs-l] taking a college class for no credit

Vejas Vasiliauskas alpineimagination at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 03:00:24 UTC 2015

Hi All,
I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this, or
could give me some guidance on my situation.
I live in California, but am taking a year off between my senior
year and my first year of college so that I can attend LCB.
I applied for college last year as a senior, and already have a
place at a college in California, which I deferred.  I received a
scholarship from this school for a very generous amount of money.
I am allowed to keep the scholarship provided that I don't take
any college courses at all from anywhere else.
Most LCB students have the opportunity to take a college class at
Tech, and I would like to be able to do that too, for two main
reasons: to learn about how tests work and to learn about asking
for accommodations in a place where I have lots of support.
I have heard that it is possible to audit a class, which means to
take it with no credit, but I don't want my current school to
find out at all, so I want to make sure that the procedure is
done right.
Any advice on how to approach this would be welcome.
Thanks,
Vejas