[nabs-l] Business math book

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Thu Dec 3 14:55:04 UTC 2015

Hi Jason!
	I'm so glad to hear you are taking Math-related courses.
I have not used that book in the past, however I have some ideas for you.
Has the professor provided you with the syllabus yet?
I think buying the book and having the Disabilities Office scan it for you
and give it to you as a pdf version is going to be your best bet.
Particularly since you need it in a month's time.
For Accounting, I highly recommend working on your Excel skills with Jaws,
but not using LaTex for that class. Is it Financial or Managerial
Accounting?
As long as you get the book in a readable format (pdf preferably) then you
can rely heavily on Excel sheets and even tables in Word for t-charts and
financial statements.
I am a big fan of LaTex for math-heavy courses such as multi variate
calculus and linear algebra, but I do not typically use Tex in my business
courses.
I am happy to expand upon anything that needs clarification, and of course
call me any time to chat about ways we can make sure you get the best out of
this course.

Happy holidays,
Kathryn Webster