[nabs-l] Question for a student org

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 20:22:47 UTC 2015

Hi all,

Thanks for your feedback.  We decided last night to not mess with the
library any more because their selection is so poor, and because their
customer service left a little to be desired (see prior post if you
want to know why).  We did get captions and DVS working on the Grinch
last night.

I'd love for Blind Mice Mart to be usable, but the problem there is
that a lot of their recordings are produced in the UK, which has a
higher frame rate than American movies do.  As a result, the track we
tried to play along with the movie for Forrest Gump was out of sync,
and there still was a good 20 minutes of the movie to be played after
the track was over.  We do need the movie to have a visual for our
non-disabled club members and those with hearing impairments, since
this isn't just an event for blind people.

We did talk about going to a little video store near campus that sells
records, videos, and games second-hand.  We don't have a lot of money
since we're still so new, but as long as we check the movies work
before showing them there is no reason why we can't save a little
money and get a few things gently used for a cheaper price.  That is
where I picked up the movie last night and it only cost me $5. We
talked about building a little library of DVS films, which we could
always donate to the Office of Learning Resources or the library at
school if the club ever decides to stop doing this or something.