[nabs-l] Call for State Updates

Stephanie Martin martinsteph2010 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 22 23:58:12 UTC 2015

Hey!
I'm so sorry this is late, but I didn't see the email until someone else responded. I am the president of the Louisiana Association of blind students. I wanted to share that on the last weekend of October LABS had our annual student seminar. We had around 40 participants from high school, college, and some LCB students as well. We had a presentation by Dr Bell and his wife talking about working with disability services, rehab, using readers/drivers, along with other aspects of college. We also introduced the various aspects of the NFB, discussing the difference between and getting involved in chapters, divisions, and affiliates to all the students in attendance. We had many other things going on throughout the day on Saturday and the students were able hang out Friday night and Saturday night with different activities to get acquainted with one another and build friendships that will hopefully last for a long time. The students left on Sunday morning to head back home. We had a great turnout and everyone seemed to enjoy the weekend and learn a lot of new information. I want to thank Pam Allen, Eric Guillory, Bre Brown, Treva Olivero, and the LABS board  for a great weekend. Now we are getting information out for our state scholarship and getting ready for our state convention in April.

Thanks,
Stephanie Martin
MAT TVI NCUEB
Phone: 504-982-7452