[nabs-l] Washington Seminar Question

Derek Manners dmanners at jd16.law.harvard.edu
Sun Dec 27 04:42:59 UTC 2015

Hey Vejas, we are pushing the elimination of subminimum wages for people with disabilities (the Time Act) Guidelines on accessibility in higher education (AM-HEA, pronounced Aim High), allowing veterans who were disabled in the line of service to get to fly on military air craft for free if there is space available just as other retired veterans get to (Space Available), and the treaty that would allow sharing of accessible books between different countries (Marrakesh Treaty). There will be fact sheets up on the web sometime as we get closer to Washington Seminar and you can get way better email material then.

As far as responsiveness, as long as you include the bill number, staffers count how many contacts they get in support and against the legislation so even if you don't get a direct response, you'll still be helping out the cause.

You should also talk to your state legislative director and see if there's anything you can do to help out if you are interested in this stuff and help the legislative committee as well if you aren't already.

Feel free to reach out to me personally if you'd like more info.

Best regards
Derek Manners
Legislative Director, Massachusetts.

Sent from my iPhone