[nabs-l] Cost of Convention?

Roper, Meaghan ropermeaghan at gmail.com
Tue Dec 29 23:20:23 UTC 2015

Hi there Leye,

Convention is definitely manageable on a budget. I flew there from Massachusets this past July, if you buy your tickets early enough, flights from Boston are very cheap. I believe I paid about $350 round trip, and most people can find them cheaper than that. The hotel is usually about $100 per night after taxes, and if you have roommates (generally up to 4 roommates in a room) you can pay around $25 a night for your room with room mates. You can expect to spend about $100 on food if you will be eating in the restaurant at all, and there are grocery stores within walking distance which would allow you to keep kosher. The other costs of convention include your registration fee which is usually $50-$60, and your banquet ticket which is around the same price I think.

You can find all of this information and more on NFB's official site, (www.nfb.org/convention).

I hope that helps.

Meaghan