[nabs-l] Brailliant BI text selection

Bryan Duarte bjduarte at asu.edu
Wed Dec 30 04:24:01 UTC 2015

Hello, there was a question posted a while back asking about how to select, cut, copy, paste text using the Brailliant BI40 refreshable Braille display. I am not sure if it was ever answered but in case it was not heres how to do it.

1. navigate to the beginning of the string of text you wish to select.
2. press dots 2, 5, 6 keys along with the spacebar and it will begin selecting text.
3. then use the navigation method you wish to use to select text. you can do a character, word,  or line selection.
4. if you then use the copy command (dots 1, 4 plus the spacebar, or the cut command dots 1, 3, 4, 6 plus the spacebar it should cut the text to the clip board.

to paste your text use the paste command, dots 1, 2, 3, 6 plus the spacebar

if you wish to select the entire page as in a select all press the dots 2, 3, 5, 6 plus the spacebar and it will highlight all the text then you can either copy or cut the text.

If you wish to deselect the text you have highlighted press dots 2, 3, 5 plus the spacebar and it will deselect the test you have selected.

I hope this helps and if this question has already been answered I apologize and wish you a happy New Year!!!;)

Go Devils!

Bryan Duarte
Software Engineering Graduate student
ASU Fulton Engineering College