[nabs-l] The diversity in a movement.

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 14:49:36 UTC 2015

All,

I did not claim that accommodations are in any way standardized, and I
certainly know that different needs require different accommodations
and are highly dependent upon the individual.  Karl caught my point
exactly; I am thinking of individuals who refuse to be independent out
of laziness or a desire to have someone do something for them that
they are capable of doing themselves and just don't want to do.

Of course, sighted people abuse the system to, and you're going to
have that issue across humanity as a whole.  The issue is a little
more sticky when people use a disability as a crutch, which sighted
people who aren't otherwise disabled obviously can't do.  There are
people who take advantage of that.  A sighted person cheats on a test
and says, "I was just checking the time (when they look at their cell
phone to cheat).  Many people with disabilities rely more heavily on
technology, and are therefore at a greater advantage to abuse it.

Also, I did say that it went both ways at the very end of my message,
so it was clearly taken out of context.

Kaiti