[nabs-l] accomodations for english classes

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Feb 2 22:28:56 UTC 2015

Hi Bridgit,

I'm glad you have something that works.
I'm quite discouraged, yet, I will do what I can by listening carefully to
the book and just as you do, I take notes. I refer to the notes in class in
place of following along with the text.

I just requested the publisher file. but my school refuses to convert from
pdf
to a more suitable form like Word or RTF.

If I had a text file or .brf file this would be best. I suspect jaws will
not read the file once I have it. Many publisher pdfs in my experience are
awful and sound like words smashed together.

I so wish I could see this text! One of our readings has phonetic spelling
to simulate how some blacks spoke. I cannot see this which adds to the point
of the story.

The professor said he'd write comments electronically.

Thanks for the advice.

Ashley