[nabs-l] College entrance exam

Sami Osborne ligne14 at verizon.net
Thu Feb 5 03:16:18 UTC 2015

Hi all,

So I'm currently a senior in high school, and believe I'll be
taking the college entrance exam for the schools I would like to
go to (I only believe this because I still don't know my SAT
score, even though I took it back in December).

So I have a few questions about your experiences taking the
college entrance exam.
First, how easy or difficult do you think it was? Is it only
tested in English and math or other subjects as well? Does it
require a lot of studying?
Secondly, accommodations.  Did you have to discuss with DSS  your
required accommodations for taking tests for the entrance exam as
well as for college classes in general? How would the test be
provided, like do they have it in Braille or would you need a
reader?
Also, (this may be a silly question) has it been your experience
that your school exempt you from taking the entrance exam just
because of your blindness? Not that I would like to, of course,
because I'd like to have the most chance of getting accepted to
my colleges of choices, but I'm just curious and also recent
discussion on this list about accommodations, or lack thereof,
that are being provided to blind students, has got me wondering
this as well.

I hope you guys can answer my questions.

Looking forward to hereing from you, and good night all.

Thanks,

Sami.