[nabs-l] College entrance exam

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 5 21:04:55 UTC 2015

Sami,

I'm also confused about which type of test you are talking about. A
college entrance exam is an exam that you take in order for a college
to gauge whether or not you would be qualified at the school, like the
SAT or ACT. But from your explanation, it sounds like you are asking
about placement exams within a particular college. If it is the
latter, then it really depends on the school whether or not you need
to take a placement exam. At my college for instance, the only
placement exam you need to take is foreign language to determine which
level you would be placed in. But everyone else is required to take
English literature and writing, unless you received a certain score on
AP or IB exams. So once you know which school you are attending, you
can check to see whether these tests are necessary and then you can
have a discussion with the DS office on accommodations.

HTH,
Minh