[nabs-l] Tips/advice of how to stay oriented when walking on the beach

Kayla Weathers brailleprincess at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 17:30:22 UTC 2015

Hi NABS,
I’ll be traveling to the beach in a few weeks and was just looking for
advice/tips on how to best stay oriented as beaches don’t have many
landmarks apart from sun clues, the sound of the surf in relation to
where I am, and the direction of the wind. I typically like to be out
in the morning before it gets too hot, or in the evening as the sun is
setting, so I’m not sure how many people I’d come across to ask for
directions if I get a bit disoriented. I usually go to the beach in
the company of family or friends, but it would be nice to be able to
just get up and take a walk on a whim whenever I wanted. I also
thought that the compass on my iPhone could come in handy. I
appreciate any advice/suggestions.
Thanks, Kayla