[nabs-l] French and Braille

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Wed Feb 11 05:36:37 UTC 2015

This really isn't much help, but I know when I was studying Spanish, there were special symbols for any letter with an accent. Perhaps this is why it is coming out of peculiarly, because French might do the same thing (by that, I mean it probably has an independent braille code). Perhaps, if I might be so bold to suggest, have the people running it through the embosser strip the accented letters of the special accent, replacing it with a normal accent sign. This has helped in the past for me, although I just got used to having the special symbols after a while.

Sent from my iPhone