[nabs-l] I became a member of the student division because?

Joe jsoro620 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 22:50:59 UTC 2015

Some college friends brought me into NABS and hence the NFB. I joined the
division because it was nice to meet other blind students. As an alumni, I
stick around because I would have loved a mentor while making my way through
undergrad and graduate studies. Paying it forward. Helping out the
generation behind me. I don't know. I go up and down where the parent
organization is concerned, but I'll never lose my soft spot for the student
movement and hope every blue moon I can offer something of value. Yes, I
realize NABS is an extension of the NFB, and I remain confident the
organization will be stronger on account of your guys' efforts, and my own
remote ones.

Joe

--
Musings of a Work in Progress: