[nabs-l] Presence of disability organizations on collegecampuses

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Wed Feb 11 23:21:54 UTC 2015

I'm not sure why there would be anything unethical about the DS
office providing information.  My DSS office regularly sends out
things they think would interest their students like when a
professor wants a person with a disability to come and speak to a
class or when the college has a job for or etiquette banquet or
something.  Of course if your Ds office doesn't do that sort of
thing, that might be different, but I think that's idiosyncratic
to your school.  It's also quite common for offices to have
fliers in their waiting rooms that they think would be useful, so
if they're not willing to send out an e-mail, maybe you could ask
if they're willing to do that.  My old school did have a
disability social club that was largely for people with autism or
cognitive impairments to have a place to interact with people,
but they never had more than like five or six members and I think
it disappeared after a couple semesters.  If you have a good
working relationship with the secretary at DS or maybe with
whoever people make accommodations appointments with, you could
maybe also have them promote your club once it exists.