[nabs-l] Find and Replace in Microsoft Word

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Thu Feb 12 22:54:25 UTC 2015

Hi,

I have a huge task ahead of me of finding and replacing information in
Microsoft word 2010 documents. Ideally, I would like to find and
replace all. I have done this before, years ago, but hadn't for a
while so looked up how to do it. I found the directions on a generic
Microsoft help website and completed the instructions. Unfortunately,
when I use JAWS (I haven't tried other screen readers yet but would
prefer to use JAWS in Word), all the dialogue box says is "find and
replace." If you press tab, the same message is provided. I found a
JAWS tutorial and learned the keystrokes control H to initiate the
dialogue box, and know to first type the word to find, and to then tab
to type the word to replace it with. I can press alt f to initiate the
find and alt r to replace. But there is no keystroke that I can find
to replace all. I imagine there is a button but haven't found it given
the limited feedback i get from JAWS. I looked through the menus in
search of the keystroke, but couldn't find a find and replace option
in the menu, thus no hint keystroke.

If anyone knows another way to do this or the keystroke I can employ
to initiate a replace all, it would be very helpful!

Thanks!

--
Cindy Bennett
1st Year Ph.D. Student, University of Washington

Treasurer of the National Federation of the Blind of Washington
an Affiliate of the National Federation of the Blind

clb5590 at gmail.com