[nabs-l] Has anybody skied before?

Sophie Trist sweetpeareader at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 23:50:48 UTC 2015

Sami, I love skiing! My family and I have gone for the past eight
years! My favorite places, adaptive skiing wise, have been Beaver
Creek and Steamboat Springs Colorado. Like everyone else, I ski
with a guide giving me verbal directions. However, when I first
started to ski, I did something a little different. I held on to
one end of a ten-foot pole, and my guide held on to the other
end. Of course, this only works on very wide runs, but it's
useful for people who've never skied before, because it allows
you to focus solely on the unfamiliar motion rather than
constantly worrying about running into people. Also, it makes you
less nervous at the very beginning. Good luck, and I hope you
enjoy skiing! It's epic!

Sophie