[nabs-l] Need help Improving my Study Skills

Bridget Walker bridgetawalker13 at aol.com
Thu Feb 19 19:05:27 UTC 2015

Reading the textbook is a great start. I would try taking notes while reading the textbook. When you go to class take notes on the lecture. Later compare your notes from the book to the lecture.
How often did you study? Did you review everything one time or multiple times? Perhaps try elaborate rehearsal. Start with a small part of what you need to study and study for a short amount of time 15 to 30 minutes. As you add more content spend less time on the old content. Do this for at least five days and you should know your stuff. Of course when you get really close to the test date review everything.
The next question is how do you study for the test? Notes, flash cards, study groups, nemonic devices etc.
I hope this helps.
Bridget

Sent from my iPad