[nabs-l] rehab centers

Joshua Hendrickson louvins at gmail.com
Thu Jan 1 04:59:28 UTC 2015

Hi to all.  I wish I had gone to an NFB training center instead of
stupid ICREWOOD in Chicago.  That so called training center was a
complete joke, and a complete waste of my time.  We never actually
cooked anything accept from mixes or if we did any actual cooking, we
had to cook something that could be made, eaten, and cleaned up within
fifty minutes which was how long each class was.  I had so much free
time because I immediately tested out of keyboarding and braille as
soon as I got there.  I couldn't use the internet, because the
computers in the student lounge didn't have internet access which
drove me nuts.  There so called reasoning for this was that if you
checked your email you'd get some kind of terrible virus.  They didn't
teach the people there anything about how to use the internet to do
things like online shopping, or do online banking.  I along with one
other student were the only people there who had been blind since
birth.  I did make a couple friends there which was ok I guess.  If my
rehab counselor had allowed me to tour the facility like she had told
me I was going to do, before I had gone there, I wouldn't have gone
there.  I honestly wouldn't recommend the program to anyone.  Sorry
for going on so long.