[nabs-l] Recording College Classes with a BrailleNote Apex

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 5 18:19:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

First, as for dealing with expenses, you can try asking your state
rehab agency if they can get the recorder for you.  If it is out of
your budget, it might be worth trying.

I don't think it really matters whether you use a dedicated recorder
or something like a BookSense or stream.  You buy the SD card for both
types of devices, and I don't think the BookSense takes up that much
room formatting things.  The nice thing about having one of those
devices is that they are a little more versatile, and I love how you
can use percentiles to navigate recordings.  The battery is pretty
good too, even on the older model of BookSense that I have.

I occasionally use my BookSense for recording and have had good
results with it.  I'd recommend lowering the bitrate and other factors
in the settings menu as Karl suggested though, because then you'll
have more room.   As long as you're just recording a lecture, you
don't need to waste the space.  If you're planning on recording a ton,
I would also suggest looking into buying a larger SD card.  8 gigs
will hold a lot for me, but I've never been one to record everything.
16 or 32 gigs might work better if that's what you're planning to do.

On 1/5/15, Roanna Bacchus via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hi Gloria thanks for this message.  I use an Olympus digital
> recorder to record my class lectures.  When the class is over I
> can listen to the lectures again and take notes on them.

Kaiti