[nabs-l] Mentorship Program for Blind Students!

Cindy Bennett clb5590 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 23:15:22 UTC 2015

Hi,

Are you just beginning college or new to navigating school as a blind
student? I am a part of a great mentorship program that Learning Ally
is piloting. We are looking for more students to take part in our
program. Read the announcement below and email the contact with the
answers to the questions if this opportunity sounds like it would
benefit you.

Learning Ally is developing supports for students who are blind or
visually impaired and are just beginning in college or still need some
support to successfully navigate in college. We need students who are
willing to speak to a mentor at least once, to discuss in a honest
manner, the successes and challenges you are facing right now. The
mentors are blind or visually impaired, working on post graduate
degrees or just beginning their careers and excited to be able to
share their strategies for success.

If this sounds like something you are willing to help with, email Mary
Alexander at mAlexander at learningally.org  and let us know the
following about you:

*Full Name:

*Email address:
*Best Phone number:

*School attending:

*Field of Study or major:

*What is your visual acuity, (are you blind or low vision?)

*Braille, large print or audio only user:

--
Cindy Bennett
1st Year Ph.D. Student, University of Washington

Treasurer of the Greater Seattle Chapter and of the National
Federation of the Blind of Washington
Affiliates of the National Federation of the Blind

clb5590 at gmail.com