[nabs-l] Opportunity for people who have experience with SSI

Justin Harford blindstein at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 17:48:48 UTC 2015

Opportunity for people who have been on SSI.

Hey NABS. As cochair of the NCIL subcommittee on employment/Social Security, I am on a task force which is working on an initiative to make it easier to go to work with Social Security by eliminating asset and earning limits, and getting rid of the inability to work test.

Social Security is interested in hearing from young adults who are on SSI to learn about the difficulties that they experience with current rules. I am looking to recruit some of you to participate in these dialogues. If you're interested send me a personal message.

For more info on what we are doing, go to www.ourcareeraccess.org.

NCIL (National Council on independent living) is a cross disability organization which has advanced The rights of people with disabilities since 1982. http://www.ncil.org/

Regards
Justin H