[nabs-l] A New Beginning Expanding Outside Of The Blind Community

David Dunphy audioaccess2013 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 14 20:52:02 UTC 2015

The following tells a story of me going outside of the blind community in the hopes of making new friends, being around positive people, and searching for change in my life to kick off 2015:

Hello All!
I wanted to start off by first wishing you all a very safe and happy New Year. I'm not sure what 2015 will bring to all of us, but I hope you can make memories and enjoy the year.

I know for me, 2014 was a very hard and trying year, and I want 2015 to be a year of personal growth and positive change.

My A Cappellas Anonymous show that you've seen me write about has returned, but in a very new and very exciting way! The opportunity to expand outside of the blind community and become more mainstream has come knocking on my door, and I've decided to take full advantage, and to begin the new chapter of change! And the fun starts tonight, from 7 to 10 PM eastern, and I hope you'll be part of this new and exciting beginning for me. It's the first of many things to come, but it's one of the more exciting starts, and I'm inviting you to tag along!

There is an internet radio station called Acaville Radio
http://www.acaville.com
that plays a cappella music 24/7. They have an accessible web site, a great variety of music, and even an IPhone app too, so you can listen to them with a very accessible solution for VoiceOver.

And this station is now the new and exclusive home of A Cappellas Anonymous, starting with my debut from 7 to 10 PM eastern. And it's this station's first weekly live show too! Debuts all around, woo hoo!
With the show going onto a station that specializes in the a cappella format, it means more opportunities for the show to grow and become better, expansion outside of the blind community and more!
If you plan on being part of the fun tonight, tune in and you'll hear
Our usual variety of a cappella songs from the college and pro levels
*New Feature* News and info about up coming a cappella events, artists and more
Our A Cappella comparrison of two songs with slightly different versions to see which one you like best
And what ever other surprises we come up with....

As with the show on its old locations, your requests and omments make the show even better. Read below for details on getting in touch during the show.
1. You can skype me at
aaonacaville
or call me at
516 665 1852
2. Email me at
aaonacaville at gmail.com
3. Send tweets to
aaonacaville
and use the hash tag
#aalive
to keep the conversation going.

The fun starts at 7 PM eastern, and goes til 10 PM eastern.

Tuning into the show is, as they say, a snap.
to listen, visit
http://www.acaville.com
and you'll find the links for tuning in very easy to find, use, and click on.
You can also do a search for
acaville
in the ITunes store, and download the *free* mobile app for your phone

Regardless of how you tune in, I'm very excited about making this debut. The opportunity to expand outside of the blind community, meet new people among other things is something I'm very excited about, and hope it all goes well. I hope you have a few minutes to join me for the start of a new 2015 radio adventure.
See you tonight!