[nabs-l] My Math Lab & JAWS

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Wed Jan 21 00:45:44 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm surprised you said that. As others said, my math lab is improving.
But access issues are still there.
Shikha, I do not know how you gwoked MML when most of us cannot.

Its my understanding when I last researched this that my math lab still
uses adobe flash. This software which has changing pictures makes it
inaccessible.
When I tried to use it several years ago, it was not accessible at all. What
I did was book work for homework instead.

I doubt it will be accessible also because its math and you have graphs and
figures in math.
So if you have to use MML, I'd  suggest you seek out sighted assistance for
your homework such as a tutor or reader.
You will need sighted assistance to fill in the boxes and answers.

But, I don't think you should have to employ a sighted assistant to do your
work.
A better approach might be to find an alternative with  your professor such
as book problems from the text.

Doing your work independently will enable you to do it at your own pace and
schedule, not someone else's.
Believe me, I've used readers a lot and know the pitfalls of scheduling
conflicts and time constraints.

HTH,

Ashley