[nabs-l] Tips on Ice Skating with Sighted Peers?

Glenn III gmoore3rd at gmail.com
Thu Jan 22 02:06:40 UTC 2015

Hi Miso, I don't know if this is useful info, since you probably already
went skating. If it were me, I would just talk with my friends so they're
aware, but also so they know how I'd prefer they handle it (like maybe I
don't want them to think they have to be constantly looking out for me, or
maybe on the other hand, I might want to pair-skate, I wouldn't say there's
a right way, as long as it's the way you prefer and your friends understand
that). the cane may work well on the ice, if mainly so others are aware,
hopefully nobody takes that as an invitation to a 'grab and guide', but
life is all about doing fulfilling things despite reasonable risks.
You may want to ask the sports and recreation division, I'm sure there are
members who skate a lot.
here's their website: http://nfbsportsandrec.org/
they have a listserv, I think you can post a message as non member, after
the moderator reviews it, (and it should email any "re-subject" answers
back to you), or you can peruse their archives:

-Glenn Moore III
State Secretary,
(find our calendar at nfbofillinois.org/?page_id=158)
nfb.org <http://www.nfb.org>   "Live the Life You Want"