[nabs-l] Making Texts on jpg file accessible?

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Fri Jan 23 03:07:38 UTC 2015

Hi NABS,
I am writing to see if there is any way I can access texts that are
formated as jpg image files on the web.
Here is a sample link.
http://dspace.wrlc.org/view/ImgViewer?url=http://dspace.wrlc.org/doc/manifest/2041/40106
This is a part of The Silent Worker, a Deaf community newspaper from
the 19th century and the early 20th century (home page found here...
http://proxy.aladin0.wrlc.org/gsdl/collect/gasw/gasw.shtml
)
I need to access articles from here as a part of my assignment for
History of Deaf Community in America class.
The professor is understanding of the accessiblity problem so we are
looking at different altermnative options but I would love to know if
there is any way I could access the texts found on this website such as
the sample link I provided above.
Will KNFB Reader be able to somehow convert the images and recognize
texts?
If so how would I be able to do it?
Any other suggestions are welcome.
Miso Kwak