[nabs-l] Help, please

Michael D Ausbun mausbun at unr.edu
Sat Jan 24 22:38:32 UTC 2015

Hello All,

	This is going to sound off-topic (as it probably is extremely so), but I will explain why I believe it ought to be on-topic.
	I am a part of the University of Nevada, Reno’s Debate Team. Debate, as a rule, is generally inaccessible for those with visual disabilities, because a lot of what is required is visual. You have to write notes, reed your notes in-round and make virtually no mistakes while doing so, in regards to your oppositions argumentation as you are attempting to refute it. They do not generally approve assistive technology, because they have had incidents in the past of people using the internet mid-round, to find arguments, which they did not create.
	My school, however, has done everything they can to make this lovely activity accessible for me, even though it puts a strain on them and their success at times. Our coaches, who are extremely involved at the administration of the league (National parliamentary Debate Association) level, are trying to ensure full accessibility, in the case that more blind individuals wish to participate in the activity.
	Last night, while at a tournament in Santa Clara California, our two vans were burglarized, resulting in ten laptops, several laptops, personal belongings and school books/work going missing. There are a few people on the team, including myself, who are not socio-economically stable; and thus, items cannot be replaced without assistance.
	I was wondering, if you wonderful people could at least view the link and possibly push it out on your social media, in order to help us out. Every cent will go to assisting us, the students, in our educational endeavors and we will be extremely grateful.
	Yes, I recognize that this is not exactly blind related, but because of their, the league and my school in particulars, attempts to make an activity, which is generally inaccessible accessible, I thought I might ask.
	Thank you in advance and I am sorry for asking this…
Respectfully,
Michael Ausbun

http://www.gofundme.com/krwsmw?fb_action_ids=10100411959382126&fb_action_types=og.shares&fb_ref=fb_cr_n&fb_source=other_multiline&action_object_map=%5B832270660179500%5D&action_type_map=%5B%22og.shares%22%5D&action_ref_map=%5B%22fb_cr_n%22%5D