[nabs-l] The diversity in a movement.

Karl Martin Adam kmaent1 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 30 17:34:28 UTC 2015

I think Kaiti can determine that some things are unnecessary, as
can we all.  Yes there are grey areas, and yes sometimes people
judge too quickly and assume that something isn't necessary when
it really is, but there are clear cases.  For instance, when
people with disabilities game the system that allows us to take
tests in DSS offices instead of class to take tests a week after
everyone else so they can have extra time to study.  Or when
people with disabilities have their family members write their
papers because "we poor blind people can't do that for
ourselves."  Or when people use their blindness as an excuse to
use their computer or notetaker to take exams and check their
book or notes for the answers.  Or when blind people get out of
math an science classes because "those classes are just too hard
for us."  Or when blind people get their teachers to accept
papers without using the proper citation format because "we can't
possibly be expected to correctly use APA."