[nabs-l] An update on my independence

Carly Mihalakis carlymih at comcast.net
Sat Jan 31 01:37:40 UTC 2015

Evening, Rona,

         Although often blind people's quest for "independence" is
tauted by many as an end all be all, It is another way, in  my humble
opinion, to identify when and how, you need the help/support of
others. According to Dr.King, humans are social animals, even blind
ones, so it is a move toward further isolation, in my opinion, to
claim a fulfilling existence souly on your own.

So, the presence it sounds like your parents are playing in your
quest for "independence" is, in fact, interdependence, something that
acknowledges a reality in which no man ought to believe himself an
island and, we ought to give back to others if in the form of showing
how we make lives for ourselves the myriads who help us, on a regular
basis, live the life we both want and need.
Car
408-209-3239

change your list options or get your account info for nabs-l: