[nabs-l] Volunteer opportunity with Empowerment Through Integration

Greg Aikens gpaikens at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 19:33:52 UTC 2015

Dear NABS,

I want to let you know of a volunteer opportunity some of you may be interested in. Empowerment Through Integration (ETI), a non profit dedicated to empowering blind youth in developing nations, is actively recruiting volunteers to assist with our programs. To date we have run programs in Lebanon and Nicaragua and plan to eventually expand to other areas as well. For more information about who we are and what we do, please visit our website: www.eti-vision.org <http://www.eti-vision.org/>

We are looking for like-minded individuals who have a positive attitude toward blindness, are passionate about sharing that attitude with others, and are interested in international development. In particular, we are looking for individuals interested in helping develop curricula for summer camp programs, parent seminars, and ongoing social projects; individuals to help manage our social media; and individuals interested in traveling with a team to run our summer camps, parent seminars, and ongoing social projects. We are also looking for individuals who can connect us with the broader blind community, both domestically and internationally.

If this sounds like you, please contact me using the info below. ETI will be at the convention next week and we would love to connect with any interested individuals while in Orlando. Even if you will not be at convention, we would love to connect with you.

Sincerely,

Greg Aikens
Program Director
Empowerment Through Integration