[nabs-l] I'M RUNNING FOR THE NABS BOARD!

Kathryn Webster kathrynwebster.nfb at gmail.com
Thu Jul 2 21:50:41 UTC 2015

Good evening all, and thank you for your support!

	Tyler, thank you for bringing up an understandable concern, and one that should most definitely be addressed. I held the position of Treasurer for ACB Students for a time, yet that is in my past. I don't believe that that should dictate my involvement in the NFB stepping forward. Of course, I will not devalue any organization, though I am eager to put forth full effort into the National Federation of the Blind. After increasing my involvement with the NFB and learning from various mentors and students, the Federation appears to be a much better fit for what I am looking for in an organization. I have learned an immense amount in the past year and feel that I am fully committed, prepared, and excited about prioritizing NABS in the future years. I will say, I truly appreciate your concern with the success of NABS, as that is one we all should have. Regardless, I have conversed with current and past board members in regard to the time commitment component of the board positions themselves, and am confident in my capabilities. We are all students, right? I would be lying if I said I've never over extended myself  here and there. Either way, this is not one of those times.
I am most enthusiastic about advancing, expanding, and strengthening our movement, and I am grateful for what the Federation has provided me thus far.
Again, thank you for your concern Tyler.
Please feel free to give me a call if you have any additional questions.
Everyone, get ready for an unforgettable Convention!
TWO MORE DAYS PEOPLE!!!

Love,
Kathryn Webster