[nabs-l] Tips for Using Audio Version of Textbooks?

Miso Kwak kwakmiso at aol.com
Sun Jul 19 02:39:31 UTC 2015

Hello,
As the subject line indicates, I am asking for any tips when using
audio recorded textbook.
I have been mostly using hard copy or electronic Braille when it comes
to studying. Even for leisurely reading I prefer reading with my  hands
rather than listening to the book.
However, I may have to rely on an audiobook for a course this summer.
When I read using hard copy Braille, I will sometimes copy/summarize
important parts and when I read on BrailleNote Apex, I will put
asterisks or other symbols to note different things or take notes in
the brackets as I read.
 Would there be any equivalent when I am using audio textbook?
For those of you who do this more often than I, do you take notes as
you listen? How do you utilize bookmark functions when available?

Thank you for your help in advance.
Best,
Miso