[nabs-l] packing for training center

Darian dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 22:22:14 UTC 2015

Hello:
In my experience I found that there isn't really anything special that you need to pack for your nine months at a training center.
I found that if you pack enough clothes for the weather changes and the walking that you'll do and a couple of dressier outfits for state convention or employment related events (if you have them) you should be fine.
If you have technology such as a Braille  notetaker or computer that you often use or want to use, you might bring that with you because you'll get a chance to work more with it.
If there are particular events that the center ends up doing while you are in training and you think you might have stuff that makes sense to pack for it, you could do it, but sometimes / most of the time that's not entirely necessary. Always feel free to chat with the director of the center and maybe even see if there is a student there that might chat with you about any concerns you have around packing or anything else as you're getting closer to the start of your program.
 This is an exciting time but try not to overthink things too much or pour  too much energy into worrying about things.
 You make good decisions this far  and you will continue to make more of the same.

Sent from my iPhone