[nabs-l] Looking for interested Committee Members for the Projects Commiteeof the NFB Community Service Division

Jonathan Franks jfranks at nfbtx.org
Tue Jul 21 20:26:21 UTC 2015

Fellow Students,
My name is Jonathan Franks. I am a recently elected Board Member for
the NFB Community Service Division. I am also the Projects Committee
Chair for this division. The goal of this committee is to create two
projects, one to happen during the next year and the second to be part
of our 2016 NFb National Convention.

The first project will be The Service Challenge. The goal of this
project is to engage with individual members,chapters, divisions, and
affiliates  in community service and provide a supportive environment
where we will learn of new service opportunities. Thus in turn
learning how community service can impact our lives and encourage
others to learn of our movement. The Service Challenge is a friendly
challenge amongst individuals, chapters, divisions and affiliates to
create the most innovative and exciting community service project.

The goal is also to collaborate amongst the committee members to
create and implement a community service project for next year’s NFB
National Convention.

When applying to college or and University, community service is
looked very highly upon. Also, many employers are very pleased when
applicants have numerous community service projects on their resume.

I encourage to those whom are interested to please contact me offlist at
jfranks at nfbtx.org
if you would like to become involved or have any questions.

Let’s go build the Federation and let’s get involved!

Jonathan Franks
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind Community Service Division
Board Member
National Federation of the Blind of Texas