[nabs-l] Disclosing That I am Blind on job/internship application process?

Suzanne Germano sgermano at asu.edu
Fri Jul 24 13:00:29 UTC 2015

My opinion if you put in on a resume you make it look like maybe it is an
issue. It is like at a career fair it would have been awkward for me to say
Hi I am Suzanne I am looking for an internship and I am legally blind. What
i did do was use my cane so they would know why I was squinting and holding
paperwork to my nose.

If it is just an inconvenience then why put it on a resume? just show up at
the interview with your cane or dog.

You resume should only speak to why you are a fit for the job. Now don't
hide it for example if you received and NFB Scholarship then you add that
under awards.

Suzanne