[nabs-l] Disclosing That I am Blind on job/internshipapplication process?

Ashley Bramlett bookwormahb at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 27 00:57:37 UTC 2015

Justin,
I agree and you said what I do.
I tell before the interview for the same reasons.
I might need accomodations to fill out paperwork at the interview via a
reader or might need more specific directions to the room to do the
interview. So I think it works in our favor to disclose before face to face
meetings. But, yeah,  you do not have to legally do it but blindness will be
an obvious disability when they see you. And, I think it will go smoother if
they know your needs and disability ahead of time. but it could also be a
way to discriminate. But I think the pros  outweight the cons.

Ashley