[nabs-l] NABS Needs your Help!

codyjbair at yahoo.com codyjbair at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 2 23:50:11 UTC 2015

Greetings NABS!!
The National Association of Blind Students is
planning a lot of exciting events at national convention. However we as a board can’t do all of it ourselves.
So we would very much appreciate your help in making our
activities a success this year!
Where we would most appreciate your assistance is in three areas
1: marshalers for the NABS meeting on Monday July 6 from 6:00-7:00 P.M...
They are the few, the proud,   the people who make sure you know where the action is.
They help you find the right line to stand in.   Without them, we don't know how the night might go.
Five to ten people are needed for the NABS meeting.

2.
.  Assistance in staffing our table located in the exhibit hall.
Here you will be partnered up with a NABS board member selling   NABS
items and handing out NABS literature.  The schedule for tabling looks
like this:
Monday, July 6:

11:00 A.M. – 1:00 P.M.
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
3:00p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Tuesday, July 7:
8:30 a.m. – 11:00 a.m.
11:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
1:00 p.m. – 3:00 p.m.
3:00 P.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Wednesday, July 8:
12 noon – 1:45 p.m.
6:00 P.M. – 8:30 P.M.
Thursday, July 9:
12 noon – 1:45 p.m.

As you can see, we have ten shifts, so if you contact me with your
preference, I will be more than happy to get you scheduled in!

3. Staffing the NABS Monte Carlo night fund raiser. This is a great
opportunity to work shoulder to shoulder with us in putting together
one of our most successful events that we do.  For this we will need:
Individuals who can work an early shift (7:00 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.  Those
individuals will be asked to either
a. Marshal.
b. Set up for the event
c. Deal card games( blackjack, poker, holdem and other such games)
We will also need Late shift workers (9:30 p.m. – 12:00 a.m.)  Those
individuals would be asked to:
a. deal card games (blackjack, poker, holdem and other such games)
b. Assist with event clean- up and playing chip counting.

Please let me know what time(s) you are interested in working
(exhibit hall, Monte Carlo, Business meeting or all three). If Monte Carlo, please let me
know what job you would like to take on, if you would like to deal and
what games you would like to deal (blackjack, poker, or other
such games).
This is a great opportunity for you to meet the NABS board, and us to
get to know you.  This is also an equally great opportunity for you
to meet a lot of new people and have some fun at the same time.
                If interested in volunteering to help with any of these exciting events, please contact me and specify your preferences. I can be reached at codyjbair at yahoo.com or (970)673-6998. Please also provide a contact phone number at which you will be able to be reached at during convention.

Thanks and I look forward to working with you at convention!

Cody Bair

Board Member

National Association of Blind Students

(970)673-6998