[nabs-l] voiceover speed issue

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 05:21:40 UTC 2015

Have you tried a hard reset?  You can do this by holding down the home
button and lock button for a while.  The instructions say to hold them
till the apple shows up, but since obviously that's not always readily
apparent to us you could ask someone to tell you when the apple
appears or just hold the buttons for about ten seconds.  That's
usually the time my IPhone takes to reset itself.

If that doesn't fix the problem then I'd go ahead and call Apple,
though in my experiences resets like this work pretty well.

Hope this helps,

On 6/4/15, Joseph Hudson via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Sophia, you've done everything I would've done. I recommend you signing up
> for my Apple group and maybe asking they're the link will be below for you.
> Joseph Hudson
> I device support
> Email
> jhud7789 at gmail.com <mailto:jhud7789 at gmail.com>
> Face time and iMessage
> jhud7789 at yahoo.com <mailto:jhud7789 at yahoo.com>
> Office phone
> 641-715-3900 x34315
> Emergency line
> 641-715-3900 x5887652
> Skype
> joseph.hudson89
>
>> On Jun 3, 2015, at 9:23 PM, Sophie Trist via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Hello NABS friends,
>>
>>   Today, I updated my iPhone 5S to the latest version of IOS. A little
>> late in the game, I know, but better late than never, right? Anyway, after
>> the update completed, VoiceOver began talking extremely fast. I have a
>> hearing difficulty, so I keep the speaking rate at 40% so I can always
>> understand what Voiceover says. I went under settings, general, and
>> accessability, but the speaking rate was still at 40%. I raised it and
>> lowered it, but the speed of VoiceOver remained constant. I tried
>> resetting the phone by turning it on and off, but that didn't work. I
>> thought I'd see if any of y'all had any ideas before I tackled Apple tech
>> support. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>> Yours,
>> Sophie

>> http://nfbnet.org/mailman/options/nabs-l_nfbnet.org/jhud7789%40outlook.com