[nabs-l] Grants and Scholarships

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 17:34:26 UTC 2015

Aside from the NFB scholarship program which is wonderful for other
reasons besides the money, I think Google can be your best friend when
looking for scholarships.  I've found most of the other scholarships
I've applied for that way, and there are also sites that should pop up
specifically dedicated to listing scholarships.  I think one is called
scholarship zone, for example.  International Scholarship and Tuition
Services, Inc. is another good one, though the last time I applied for
one of the scholarship applications they hosted the forms were not
accessible with a screenreader.  ISTS hosts applications for major
corperations like Tylenol and Visine, though I don't think the latter
has a scholarship program anymore.

Good luck,

On 6/5/15, Alana Leonhardy via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> You can also apply for the nfb scholarship if you qualify. They give you
> anywhere from 3000 to 12000 dollars, which can be very helpful.
> Alana
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
>> On Jun 5, 2015, at 06:17, Karl Martin Adam via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org>
>> wrote:
>>
>> Most grad programs should be providing you funding.  Especially at the
>> Ph.D. level, you should be getting most of your tuition waved if your in a
>> relatively highly ranked program.  In addition there are foundations like
>> the Ford Foundation that provide scholarships.  I would suggest talking to
>> professors and academic advisors in your field, and I would also suggest
>> looking at the websites of the professional organizations in your
>> field--they often have information for people trying to enter the field.
>> Without knowing what you're going to grad school for, I don't think we can
>> provide more advice than that.

Kaiti