[nabs-l] Is Canvas accessible?

minh ha minh.ha927 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 03:49:55 UTC 2015

I absolutely love Canvas and I haven't found anything on the platform
that is inaccessible. I think firefox works best with the platform,
and the IT people dedicated to web accessibility at my school even
recommended that firefox be used with it. When I started as a freshman
3 years ago, we had to use blackboard vista and Canvas is leaps and
bounds beyond anything blackboard could do in terms of accessibility.

When you are on the home page of Canvas and all subsequent pages,
there are lists of items at the top of the page that you use to
navigate to what you want like discussions, assignments, quizzes,
grades, etc. If you are enrolled in multiple classes, you can find the
list at the top of the page as well. The cool feature of Canvas that I
really like is that it will open pdf's, power points, and other
documents right in the webpage if you don't want to download it to
your computer. Sometimes, I will do this because it will actually read
better than if I open the pdf or ppt using the programs on my laptop.

HTH,
Minh