[nabs-l] A National Symbol of Blindness?

Darian Smith dsmithnfb at gmail.com
Thu Jun 25 16:08:40 UTC 2015

Hi all,
 I just wanted to throw something out there for the sake of  discussion.
 I saw a note in my inbox from a blind person about an event they are taking part in. The event is not so important here as is something he said in the note that got me thinking.
 The person suggested in his  note that the white cane  with it’s   black rubber grip and  red tip is a “national symbol of blindness”.
 In your view, is this accurate? inaccurate? is there a symbol? multiple symbols?
 Thanks for humoring  me.
  Take care,
    Darian