[nabs-l] Alternatives to Google Docs for collaboration

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 13:27:05 UTC 2015

Hi,

I'm interested in this thread as well.  As someone who has avoided
Google Docs like the plague in the past, I completely agree that the
Google Docs system is far from ideal in terms of accessibility.  It
does work better with NVDA, but although it's a relatively small
inconvenience I hate switching screenreaders when I don't necessarily
want to just to access more programs.  I'm finally biting the bullet
because I don't think avoiding Google Docs is a realistic option any
more, and it will become less so in the future, but it would be nice
to have other similar tools in the toolbox as well.

Thanks,

On 3/7/15, Phil via nabs-l <nabs-l at nfbnet.org> wrote:
> Hey guys,
>
> Has anyone used any web-based word processor and spreadsheet other
> than Google Docs for personal use and for collaboration?  If so, how
> accessible are they for screen-reader users?
> For example, tools like Zoho, BuzzWord, Microsoft Office 365, People,
> OpenGoo, Etherpad, etc.?
>
> We all know Google Docs can be annoying to use for screen reader
> users, to put it nicely. So let's share tips and advice on what
> alternative tools are available.
>
> Thanks a lot!
>
> Best,
> Phil