[nabs-l] jobs

Chris Nusbaum cnusbaumnfb at gmail.com
Tue Mar 10 12:13:04 UTC 2015

Ana,

I'm currently a junior in high school. Though I don't have a regular part-time entry-level job like many of my classmates, I have participated in an internship program for the past two summers. This has allowed me to have a very rewarding summer job, last year as an intern in the IT department of my school district working on accessibility and assistive technology. Most high schools have internship or work experience programs which allow students to gain some experience and maybe some money in a local business which has already agreed to hire high school students. I would check with your school's internship coordinator or your guidance counselor and inquire as to what is available. Even if you're not interested in any of the available internship opportunities, your counselor will usually know about available jobs in your community. I would also check with your NFB chapter or state affiliate President, as they may know of employers who are open to hiring blind people.

HTH,

Chris Nusbaum