[nabs-l] jobs

Justin Harford blindstein at gmail.com
Thu Mar 12 18:39:42 UTC 2015

Hi there

It sounds like you have been pretty active already in going to speak to businesses if they have jobs. That is good!

The next question that I would ask you is if you happen to have any friends that work anywhere in the community, and if they could meet with you to talk to you about it, and if they could also introduce you to somebody at the place where you are looking at working, to also talk to you about it.

The Idea is that you do an informational interview with somebody who works where you want to work, you introduce yourself, you ask them questions about themselves, and about what they do at the place. You present yourself as somebody who is thoughtful, hard-working, or who embodies one of the values that they are looking for in their employees, and the idea is that they get to know you at the place. They may or may not have a job right away, but when something does come up, and the person that you have now developed a relationship with can tell you that the job is available, and when you submit your application, they can put in a good word with the people who are looking at applications… Oh yes, John, he is a great guy!… Which could dramatically increase your chances of actually being hired!

Just a thought

Justin

Sent from my iPad