[nabs-l] Powerpoint 2013 and other MS office 2013 programs

Kaiti Shelton crazy4clarinet104 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 16 12:36:59 UTC 2015

Hi all,

I recently had my computer re-imaged and my university's IT dept takes
care of installing the university's license of MS office for you if
they re-image your computer.  I'm having some difficulty with the 2013
version of the software, mainly with powerpoint.  When I open a ppt
file I can't read anything on the slides.  According to my teacher the
slides do move when I use the down and up arrows, but when tabbing I
can't access the written information at all.  This is a problem
because I usually pull up the powerpoint which is shown on a screen in
one of my classes to follow along, and sometimes the prof includes
questions we're supposed to answer on it.

Also, I was able to turn off protected mode, or compatability mode, or
whatever in MS office 2010.  I can't seem to find how to do this in MS
2013.  Has anyone done this successfully?  I'd prefer not to keep
copying and pasting things I download into new documents just so I can
work with them.

Thanks,

--
Kaiti