[nabs-l] volunteer at BELL Rhode Island!

Molly Faerber molly.faerber at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 02:06:57 UTC 2015

Dear students--we are looking for blind mentors for Rhode Island's very
first BELL program. Our program is located in Providence, which is easily
accessible by public transportation from Boston as well as many other
locations. If you live in the area or have somewhere to stay in RI, we
would love to have you! Check out our flyer below, and please feel free to
contact me with questions.

Thanks and take care,

Molly

*VOLUNTEER TO WORK WITH CHILDREN WHO ARE BLIND OR VISUALLY IMPAIRED*

*Weekdays, July 27th – August 7th*

*Providence, RI*

*About the NFB BELL Program*

*(Braille Enrichment for Literacy and Learning)*

We are a 2-week day program that provides braille instruction to blind and
low vision children ages 5-13.

*Our focus is on fostering independence, confidence, and a positive, can-do
attitude *

*toward blindness.*

In addition to braille lessons from our licensed TVI, we also focus on
independent living skills, cane travel, nonvisual techniques, and of
course, fun activities like games, adaptive sports, arts and crafts, and
several fieldtrips over the course of our program.

*Want to volunteer for part of our program?*

Email us at nfbbellri at gmail.com for a volunteer application. All volunteers
are required to undergo a background check and participate in a mandatory
orientation.

*Questions?*

Email us at nfbbellri at gmail.com or call (401) 477-9079.